But today, video streaming services have gained a large popularity and the other social media platforms such as Facebook and Instagram have also integrated video streaming into their services since it is more attractive and retaining on the web and due to all these, it has become a difficulty task to reduce data usage on Android.
And I guess that many of us nowadays are searching for the best tips or ways through which one can reduce the mobile internet data usage on an Android Device.
How Can I reduce my Mobile Internet Data Usage
There are many ways by which you can reduce your mobile internet data usage on your Android device and in this post, you are going to discover a few steps that will help you do this on your device.
1. Limit your Data Usage in Android Settings
One of the easiest thing you can do in order to avoid using up excess amounts of data without even you being aware, is by setting a limit to your monthly data usage. You set a limit on your mobile data usage via the settings app.
You can follow the steps that will be listed below in order to do this
- On your Android device, head over to settings and then tap on "Network & Internet"
- Once you have tap on that, you will then have to select "Billing Cycle" and finally " Data Limit and Billing Cycle".
2. Restrict App background data
There are some apps that keep on eating up mobile data even when the android phone is not in use. Background data allows you to keep your apps monitored and updated while multitasking or when the screen is off. But every app does not need to use background data at all times.
To do this, you will have to go to " settings" and select Data Usage and you can see the statistics for which apps is consuming how much data. And from here, when you tap on the app, you can see both the foreground and background data usage of any particular app.
When we say foreground data usage, it means the data consumed by the app when it is actively in use by you when open and now background data is the one that is being consumed when you are not using the app but the app is running in the background and this mostly occurs automatically.
Most at times, this app can automatically carry out updates in the background there by eating up data , so if you find out that background data is too high for an app, and you do not need the app to stay in the background at all times, you can simply tap on " Restrict app background data".
3. Update apps over WI-FI Only
Another very efficient way to reduce mobile data usage on your android device is to Disable automatic app updates in PlayStore. Go to Play Store and tap on "Menu"- " Settings" - "Auto- Update apps".
And from here, you will have to make sure that you select " Auto Update apps over wifi- only". there is also another option that will completely stop Auto Update if you want but this is not advisable since you will have to remember from time to time to update some of your apps even manually.
4. Limit your Use of Streaming Services
When you regularly stream music and videos, you surely know that these are the most hungry data-hungry content on the web followed by high quality images. So in order to save up more of your data, you will have to avoid these any time that you are using your mobile data.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How Can I Reduce my mobile data usage ? There are numerous ways by which you can apply and help reduce you data usage and one of these methods is as followsWhen you regularly stream music and videos, you surely know that these are the most hungry data-hungry content on the web followed by high quality images. So in order to save up more of your data, you will have to avoid these any time that you are using your mobile data.
3. How can I reduce my internet data usage? Another very efficient way to reduce mobile data usage on your android device is to Disable automatic app updates in PlayStore. Go to Play Store and tap on "Menu"- " Settings" - "Auto- Update apps"