Are you in search of an android app that can allow you to easily find your friends or family members where ever they are just by making use of your mobile phone? Well stay glued to this article discover the 7 best android apps to find your friends or family via GPS.
Do you want an app to track the location of friends and family on a map? Admittedly, it sounds a bit creepy, but these days most people continually broadcast their whereabouts on social media anyway. Surely one more privacy-eroding app won't hurt.
Download the Best Location Tracking apps for Android
If you want the best location-finding apps, GPS tracking apps, and ways to find a friend's location, keep reading and discover from the options below.
Over time, Glympse has become one of the most popular location apps on the Play Store. The central premise of the app is being able to quickly and easily share your GPS location with friends, family, and co-workers.
With this app, you are assured with a free and simple way to share your real-time location using GPS tracking, with any of your family, friends or co-workers!
Send a Glympse to let friends and family know you are on your way. Request a Glympse from a colleague who is always running late. Set up a Glympse group for your family reunion. Those you share with can view your Glympse from any web-enabled device, no sign-up required!
Features of Glympse
- Easy: no sign-up required
- Safe: your Glympse automatically expires
- Live: share location in real time with dynamic map
- Open: share with anyone – no app required to view
- Passive: runs in the background
- Global: works anywhere you have GPS and a data connection
2. Family Locator
Family Locator lets you stay linked to your family members during the day. Family location tracker uses your phone’s native GPS tracker to ensure family safety, even when they're far away!. Family Locator is your family link:
Family Locator is the best app on this list for anyone who has kids and wants to keep abreast of their location all the time. You can use it to see the real-time location of anyone else in your family who uses the app. There's also a built-in messaging service to contact the other users.
Most importantly from a child safety perspective, Family Locator has an SOS button for parents. When pressed, it will immediately flag their kids' position on a map. It's useful on family trips in large public spaces, where kids are prone to wander off on their own.
With this family location tracker you can also:
- See the location history of family members
- Know family are on their way safely with location sharing
- Using GPS, track a cell phone
- If stolen or lost – find your phone easily with the location tracker
Family Locator app keeps your family linked and secure:
- The family locator app lets you find your loved ones easily with augmented reality
- The family GPS locator keeps you linked even if you are busy
- Check-in to share your location with family
- Flight radar will share your flight status on the map with family members
- Find your phone if you ever lose it
Optional permission requests:
Please note, GPS location sharing is only possible upon mutual consent of all family members. Privacy of your family is the top concern for us - share your phone's location only with people you trust.
Please note, the app collects location data to enable real-time location sharing, alerts, & place alerts even when the app is closed or not in use.
3. A-GPS Tracker
This is an outdoor Tracker using the A-GPS capabilities of your phone. If activated it may record your track even when the phone goes to stand-by. It is designed in particular for hikers that want to record a new path or want to follow an existing track and, more importantly, want to avoid losing themselves during their return way.
Although the primary use case for many apps in this category is to keep an eye on your children, they are also handy for anyone who spends a lot of time off the beaten path. Specifically, we're talking about hikers, walkers, and campers.
Hiking in unfamiliar areas can pose a real danger to your safety. If the weather suddenly changes, it's easy to get lost. As such, it might make sense to install A-GPS Tracker on your device before you depart.
- Elevation is given relative to mean sea level ( note that most android programs don't do this)
- Your Latitude and Longitude coordinates are given in degrees and in UTM-WSG84 (published in paper maps)
- A track is stored in a GPX file. It can be recorded, stored or loaded to/from memory and shared with other people. Its Elevation vs Distance profile can be shown on the screen.
- Statistics of a loaded GPX track will include the net walk time, ascent and descent altitude.
- A "follow path" monitor function can be enabled to provide an alarm in case you are leaving a loaded GPX path.
4. Geo Tracker
Record gps tracks of your trips, analyze statistics and share them with your friends. You can view the tracks and the surrounding area in the application using scheme from OSM, Google or Yandex, as well as satellite images from Google or Mapbox - this way you will always have the most detailed map of the area anywhere worldwide. The map areas you view are saved to your phone and remain available offline for a while (this works best for OSM maps and Mapbox's satellite images). To record and calculate track's statistics only a gps signal is needed - Internet is only required to download map images.
While driving, you can turn on the navigation mode, in which the map automatically rotates in the direction of travel, which greatly simplifies navigation.
Geo Tracker can help:
• Making the way back in an unfamiliar area without getting lost;
• Sharing your route with friends;
• Using someone else's route from GPX, KML or KMZ file;
• Marking important or interesting points on your way;
• Locating a point on the map, if you know its coordinates;
• Showing off colorful screenshots of your accomplishments in social networks.
Geo Tracker calculates the following statistics:
• Distance traveled and recording time;
• Max and average speed on the track;
• Time and average speed in motion;
• Min and max altitude on the track, altitude difference;
• Vertical distance, accent and speed;
• Min, max and average slope.
5. Google Maps
Navigate your world faster and easier with Google Maps. Over 220 countries and territories mapped and hundreds of millions of businesses and places on the map. Get real-time GPS navigation, traffic, and transit info, and explore local neighborhoods by knowing where to eat, drink and go - no matter what part of the world you’re in.
It relies on the person sharing their location with you, so it might not be the best option for some situations. However, for groups of friends or colleagues trying to arrange a meetup, it will more than suffice.
If you want to know how to share your location with friends on Google Maps, follow the instructions below:
- Open the Google Maps app.
- Tap on your profile picture in the upper-right corner.
- Choose Location Sharing from the list of options.
- Tap the New Share button in the lower-right corner.
- Set a duration for the sharing or select Until you turn this off.
- Choose the people you want to share with from your list of contacts.
Remember, if you are a member of a Google Family Group, you will already have access to the GPS locations of any participating children.
Get there faster with real-time updates
• Beat traffic with real-time ETAs and traffic conditions
• Catch your bus, train, or ride-share with real-time transit info
• Save time with automatic rerouting based on live traffic, incidents, and road closures
Discover places and explore like a local
• Discover local restaurant, events, and activities that matter to you
• Know what’s trending and new places that are opening in the areas you care about
• Decide more confidently with “Your match,” a number on how likely you are to like a place
• Group planning made easy. Share a shortlist of options and vote in real-time
• Create lists of your favorite places and share with friends
• Follow must-try places recommended by local experts, Google, and publishers
• Review places you’ve visited. Add photos, missing roads and places.
Protect and connect the people who matter most with comprehensive safety features for life at home, on the web, and on the go — all in one place for added value and convenience. Enjoy modern, advanced tools that go beyond a basic GPS phone tracker.
Life360 membership offers a wide range of all-new services. Highlights include:
- SOS to send a silent alert with your location to family members, emergency contacts, and responders.
- 24/7 Emergency dispatch that’s always on call for your entire family. Even if you can’t call for help, we will.
- Family Safety Assist for comprehensive real-time specialist support anytime, anywhere, and in any situation.
- Identity Theft Protection to safeguard each family member’s sensitive digital information and white glove restoration service, including up to $1M in coverage.
7. GeoZilla - Find My Family
Invite and share your live location with family members. GeoZilla is a life saver when it comes to tracking a family's location to make sure they are safe.
With GeoZillia- Find my Family Apk, you are able to; Share your location in a private circle only your family can see, Easily link with family using the GPS tracker within your phone, Know when family leaves or arrives at a place, See where your family's been during the week, Text and share images of your daily life in the Family Locator's private messenger.
Unlike many location-sharing apps, GeoZilla Family GPS Locator is less of a drain on your phone's battery thanks to the SLC (Significant Location Change) feature. It ensures the app won't fire up if you walk a short distance within your property. Instead, it will only start recording when you move a considerable distance.
Post a Comment